Okay, so this post is just 2 shameless minutes of Jenna videos, but hey, pretty much the sole purpose of this blog is to post shameless Jenna stuff :-) This video isn't too different from the one below, but it's so cute watching how determined she gets to pull up!!
She's gotten even more accomplished at standing/crawling, etc, since this weekend when these videos were taken. It's hard to believe how grown up she seems! I was looking at a picture earlier today where she was cuddled up asleep in our arms... there's no way that would happen anymore. That stage of her life is over, gone for good. And I missed it. I mean, I didn't miss it, I relished it and enjoyed every second, but I blinked, and now it's gone. How does that happen?
As I walked up the stairs to post this blog, I looked at the doorway to her room, right next to the office. I tried to remember what it looked like before the nursery... the old trundle bed was in there, along with a closet full of my clothes. I'd go in there to dry my hair, and toss clothes on the bed that I didn't feel like hanging up. It was the "junk" room. But I can't remember that. I can't picture it. It's just Jenna's room. That's what it's always been. When we moved here and we had to repaint every room in the house, I fought Josh to paint that room a very pale pink. My dad laughed when I told him... I was never the "pink" girl growing up, the girly ballerina... it just wasn't me. He was shocked when he found out I suddenly wanted a girly pink room in my house. I never questioned why I wanted it, I just knew I did. It was Jenna's room. It was always meant to be Jenna's room from the moment we bought this house. I know I sound silly, and maybe I'm just waxing nostalgic and feeling sentimental tonight, so I guess I'll stop.
Can you tell I'm upset about having to leave her for the first time this weekend? I blame the emotions on that :-) (even though I know she'll be perfectly happy with her grandparents for the weeken!!)
I have tons of 8 month pictures, but no time to go through them, so I promise, more to come in the upcoming days/weeks! Until then, g'night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment