Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Finally!!

Okay, it took me a while to update, but now I have lots of pictures! Here is the link to all the recent pictures that I haven't posted, but I'll post a few in here as well:

Someone's going to be a very shy ballerina one day!


But she sure can be a ham in front of the camera!


We took her to the park last weekend... she was NOT interested in playing on the grass...


Putting a hat on her did not help matters


Miss Priss would not smile until she was off the grass!!


We had a wonderful seder at cousin Lois and Scott's house with a large number of Josh's cousins and family members. I was nervous that Jenna wouldn't do well because (1) the seder started at 6:30, her usual bedtime, and (2) how was I going to keep her quiet while we sat there at the table going through the seder motions?? She was a total champ!! I convinced her to take a late nap that afternoon, and she sat quietly all through the seder service portion of the night (as we casually stuffed her full of peach puffs!) She stayed up until 9:30, which she hasn't done since she was a newborn! It was nice having time to spend with her for a change (on weeknights it's a rush to get her home from daycare, feed her, bathe her, and give her a bottle before she demands to go to bed!) Here's a pic of the three of us from seder, after we changed her into her pj's, just before we left.


It was wonderful to spend time with family and Jenna enjoyed her first seder, even if she didn't particularly love the taste of matzoh!! she did enjoy eating the grown up (read: not pureed) sweet potatos off mommy's spoon, though!!

I can't believe she's going to be 8 months old in a few days. Sometimes I still feel like I have a little baby, but then I look at her and realize she's turned into a little girl. When did that happen? She's growing up so fast!!

Now... if only someone could convince her to just say "Mama!!" Every word out of her mouth is "da da da da da" (or ga ga ga or ya ya ya). Still no "mama" She knows it, too. When I go through the motions of trying to get her to say "ma ma. ma ma. mmmmaaaaaa mmmmmaaaaaa" She just laughs at me. Like, "yeah, I know what you want me to say... and yeah, I'm not going to say it. haha" I can already tell that she's going to be trouble once she really can talk... you know what they say about red heads!! we're going to have our hands full with this one!! and I wouldn't have it any other way!!

No comments: