Saturday, April 5, 2008
Sleeping Boo-ty
A few weeks ago, Jenna woke up in the middle of the night and simply would not go back to sleep. I fed her, changed her, etc, and nothing would calm her down. It was NOT like her at all. Finally, I took off the shirt I had been wearing all night and covered her up with it. She immediately fell asleep. When she stopped napping well at daycare, I brought in the t-shirt I'd slept in, and the daycare ladies told me she slept 100% better. They asked that I keep a recently worn shirt in her crib... they send the shirt home on Fridays with her sheet and blanket, and I always send in a freshly worn one the following week. I've made a habit of doing it at home, too... but I usually put it off to the side of the crib where it's not really near her. So tonight, I put her down normally, tucked the t-shirt I slept in last night in the far corner of her crib, and a few hours later, I turn on the video monitor and see she's in a strange position. I went in to check on her, and saw that she had found my shirt from its corner on the other side of her crib, pulled it under her face, and was sleeping in a much different position than usual, with her face laying right on my t-shirt. I know it might be silly, or even gross, but it melts my heart that she's most comfortable when she feels close to me. **note, I'm sure she'd do the same with Josh's t-shirt, we've just never tried! Fortunately the flash doesn't wake her up!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment