What a "great" way to cap off a great weekend... Back when Jenna was first born, we had a baby nurse stay with us the first few nights to help out. On her last morning with us, she said goodbye, said she'd show herself out, and the next thing I know she's standing next to my bed... She broke our lock. She had somehow turned the deadbolt while the door was still open, and then slammed it shut, jamming the deadbolt open. So a locksmith came out, fixed it, and it's been fine ever since.
When Jenna and I got home from our walk in this beautiful weather earlier this evening, I dead bolted the door. Once boo was soundly sleeping, I decided to go get the dry cleaning out of my car. Only... the deadbolt wouldn't open! I went out through the basement, ran around the front, and tried to unlock it... to no avail. We're stuck in!! Needless to say, I had to try my hand at being handy, by unscrewing the lock and seeing if I could tinker with it (knowing nothing about this stuff) and I of course made it worse. I spent the next hour running back and forth around to the front of the house to try and push the lock back together. What a night. The locksmith is coming tomorrow and hopefully won't have to remove the whole door!
For now, boo and I are safely tucked away inside the house... where we're obviously staying until our situation improves :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing the experience. We have a product called "Lock Jaw" that keeps us locked in, but only when we want / need. It's a great child safety device, and prevents our little Carson from accidentally getting out of the house without our supervision and around the pool. Obviously, it would prevent her from getting out and getting lost. Lock Jaw also prevents "lock bumping"...have you heard of this?
Post a Comment