Let me preface this post with the fact that I'm not complaining. Jenna is a fabulous sleeper, and I am very lucky (knocking on wood as we speak). But once and a while she has a night like last night that reminds me why I'm not ready to have another one anytime soon. Jenna took a lot of naps yesterday. Though she's not normally a great napper, I guess when she plays hard, she naps hard. She woke up around 7, we went for a walk with Erica and Ariella around the neighborhood, came back and played some more, and she went down for a nap around 10. She woke up at 12 and went to play with Mom Mom and Pop Pop so mommy could do some work. She came home at 3 and could barely keep her eyes open. She slept until almost 6. (Normally her bedtime is 6:30!). She stayed up until about 8:15, and then went back to bed. I thought she'd be down for the night. At 1-2 she started talking, fussing, but Josh and I decided to ignore her, she'd fall back to sleep. Finally at 2:30 she started screaming. I went downstairs to make her a bottle, with my eyes half closed, wondering how I used to do this all the time when she was little, and still get up for work the next day.
When I walked in her room she stood up and looked at me with the most pathetic little face, like, "mommy, you came!! I was so sad and worried you wouldn't come get me!!" She held her arms out to me and I picked her up and cuddled with her in the rocking chair while I gave her the bottle. Though she showed the usual signs of relief on her face, due to finally getting the bottle she desperately wanted, I could see a little extra relief as she snuggled her little head into me... grateful that someone came to rescue her. After her bottle, she calmly went back to sleep, and was still sleeping when I left the house just before 8 (oversleeping drastically, thanks to our middle of the night playtime). Just when she starts doing things like, say, walking, to make me realize that she's getting so big, she'll do something like this that, while annoying, makes me cherish the "baby" time I have left. Before I know it, she'll be getting out of bed on her own and crawling into bed with us when she can't sleep. Actually, that doesn't sound too bad!
no more progress on the walking front... it's 6 steps forward and 3 steps back! She had zero interest in walking yesterday, and wouldn't do anything except stand around playing with her toys until she finally took about three steps while watching a baby tv show last night. She wasn't even paying attention, she just sort of stepped a little closer to the tv before plopping down and crawling. Oh well, no rush!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment