Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jenna + Samara = future BFF's

Kate and I have been close friends since the 6th grade... You'd be surprised because we're such angels now, but we used to get into a fair amount of trouble back then. We'd climb out of the windows in hebrew school, put thumb tacks on our hebrew school teachers chair, I think we even conspired in a plot to buy one particular hebrew school teacher deoderant for Hannukah, due to his "special" smell. Needless to say, we spent some time in the hebrew school principal's office. What 11 year old wants to go to MORE school on top of their secular school!?!

By high school, however, long after our Bat Mitzvah's, Kate and I stayed at Baltimore Hebrew to continue our hebrew school educations through high school graduation. More than anything, it was an excuse to see one another on a weekly basis (and give my grandma a heart attack by sneaking out of her house and walking to McDonalds before hebrew school!). By then, Kate had transferred to St. Tims, and if it wasn't for Baltimore Hebrew, we probably would not have stayed as close as we did. Fast forward through college, grad school, marriage, etc, and Kate, Jon, Josh and I have all remained close friends through the years. When I was about 5 months pregnant, Kate announced that she, too, was having a baby!! I was so excited that we'd get to raise a new generation of little buddies. We were all convinced that Kate was having a boy, so I figured Jenna would have a new boyfriend. Samara Jane turned out to be very much a little girl, however, and I hope she and Jenna will grow up to be as close as me and Kate!!

Here are the girls when Samara was 2.5 months old and Jenna almost 6 months.

Daddy's little girls

Here they are last weekend, Jenna is 10 months, Samara 7 months.

Checking each other out!

For some reason, whenever Jenna sees babies with less hair than she has, she's obsessed with touching their heads! I think she has bald baby envy. Either way, they had a blast and giggled/ate the night away until their respective sleepiness forced the night to end. Until next time!

No comments: