There's an internal conflict that arises whenever the desire to maintain a "pre-baby, adult life" strikes. Tonight I'm going out to dinner after work with some law school friends (Hi Patti & Clare, if you read this!) I'm very excited to leave work when the work is done, not when the alarm goes off that daycare will close and Jenna will be out on the street (not really) if I don't leave NOW; go with friends to sit and get a drink and talk and catch up, etc... but in the back of my mind, I keep thinking to myself, "I won't see her tonight. I'll come home, and she'll be sleeping. It's a whole day of her life that I'll miss."
I'm sure in a few years, heck, maybe a few months, I wont' care, but for now, all I can do is look forward to spending time with my friends, know she's in her daddy's capable hands, and force myself not to "tiptoe" too loudly in her room when I get home... I'll see her in the morning and cover her in kisses. But for now, I just miss her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment