Thursday, December 11, 2008

So you've heard me talk about Jenna's saga with her blankey... we say "bye" to it, then she runs back to get it... it's usually only in the mornings. So last night, after she ate dinner, I brought her up for her bath. I got her undressed in her room, then put her on the floor and said "let's go take a bath!" she loves the bath and normally runs right across the hall into the bathroom. Unfortunately, once she got down on eye level with the crib, she locked eyes with the pink blankey....

I was already heading towards the bathroom (RIGHT across from her room), and I knew she couldn't bring her blankey into the tub, so I just said "no, Jenna, c'mon, let's go take a bath!" and I kept walking into the bathroom. She was clearly unhappy that I said she coudln't have her blankey...

So I turn around (by now I've taken the 2 steps into the bathroom) and I see her standing (naked) in front of her crib and leaning over so she can see me across the hall... as soon as she sees me turn to look at her she gets a huge pout on her face and bursts into tears (while leaning over to make sure I can still see her... if she stood up straight, she'd be blocked by the wall).

Talk about drama queen... "Mommy, you're upsetting me by not letting me have my blankey, so I'm going to make sure you know how sad I am!! see! look!! tears!!!"

Moments later she was playing in the tub and had forgotten all about the blankey denial incident. I'm sure she'll be on a therapist's couch 25 years from now talking about how I wouldn't let her have her blankey when she was 1 (more likely she'll be talking about how her crazy mom blogged about every minute of her life on the internet!)

No comments: