I don't often take to the blog-waves to complain, so indulge me just a minute, would you? Where oh where has my good sleeper gone? where oh where could she be?? The last few nights have been tough. Jenna will go to sleep as usual, but the night before last she woke up at 3am and wouldn't go back to sleep till 5. That made work on Friday less than enjoyable. Last night she went to bed at 7 and was up from 10-11:30. Thankfully Josh stays up later than I do and was up to play with her. Then she woke up at 6:15. It used to be that, without fail, Jenna would sleep 7am-7pm, and I thought I was pretty darn lucky. Think I spoke too soon!
In cuter news, she was pretty hysterical this morning. Normally when I go into her room in the morning, she's standing in her crib holding her little pink blankey. I change her diaper, then hold her over the crib and we say "bye" to blanky, and she'll drop it in the crib (if I'd let her, she'd carry it around all day while sucking her thumb). This morning, however, she must have sensed it wasn't a daycare day, and when I asked her to say bye to blanky, she utterly refused. Against her will, I extracted blanky from her fastidious grip, and left it in the crib. After that, we went to the bathroom to get rid of her dirty diaper... well, as soon as I put her down, she ran full speed back into her room, reached through the slats in her crib, and pulled out her blanky. Then she ran back to me and waved it in front of my face. I could almost hear her saying "nanny nanny boo boo!" So, I started my day being outsmarted by a 15 month old. Things are looking up.
In even cuter news, Jenna has moved from "mama" to full on "mommy." It is the best sound I've ever heard in my life, and it completely melts my heart. Josh's mom and sister picked her up from daycare yesterday, and when I got home and opened the door, she was waiting for me and said "mommy, mommy!" And gave me a hug. Seriously, life does not get better than that. (remind me about this when she's up at 3am tonight and I'm whining!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This was such a good long post!! Jenna sounds like a teenager already!!
sometimes she acts so much like a teenager that, when she doesn't get her way and starts crying, I forget that she's still just a baby! They grow up too quickly!
Aw Max has been saying Daddy but not really mommy.
Post a Comment