Normally, before bed, we let Jenna watch one of her shows. I'll bring her up to our bedroom, turn off the lights, and snuggle up with her while she watches. When it's over, we say "bye" to the tv characters and she goes to her room.
Last night, it was time for bed, so I asked Jenna if she wanted to watch a show. She said yes, but instead of coming upstairs with me, she ran over to Josh on the sofa and said "up." He put on a show for her, and, since she seemed content, I came upstairs to check the internet.
I went back downstairs a few minutes later, and there were my two favorite people, all snuggled up to one another, looking as cozy and content as could be. It just melted my heart and made me feel like the luckiest person on the planet. I decided I wanted in on the action, so I went over to Jenna and asked for a hug... but instead, she said "daddy!" and snuggled in closer to his side. Josh and I both got a laugh out of that, and I asked if he paid her to say that. He said no, but that he would have if he knew it was an option.
So I just joined the party, snuggling up from her other side, and indulged in a sappy moment to appreciate my wonderful family.
Happy Holidays!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment