Jenna has more than 1 of the same pink blankeys. I think I actually have 3 of them, one to leave at daycare, one to leave in the crib at home, and one in case of emergency that is usually floating around the house. Last night it was in the den. I got home from work, and Jenna and Josh were laying pathetically on the sofa (she was pathetic, not him. she has a cold and is all stuffy and hoarse). I walked over to hug her, and she stuck her thumb in her mouth, cuddled in closer to Josh, and said "Daddy." (I guess this was her manipulative payback for me getting home late). Because she looked so sleepy and sad, I gave her the spare blankey to cuddle with until it was time for bed.
I guess I must have brought it up with her, though, because when I went in to get this morning, she was standing up, holding a pink blankey in each hand. When I walked in, I said "who has TWO blankeys!!" and she looked down at the blankeys clutched in each fist and started cracking up, with a look on her face like the cat who ate the canary.
She dropped them both, and I thought "great, maybe she's going to start saying 'bye' to the blankey before we even change her diaper!" but of course right before I picked her up, she reached back down and scooped them up. In more grown up news, I held her in front of her closet this morning and asked her what she wanted to wear. She pointed to an outfit and said "this!" so I pulled it out and got her dressed. As we left to go downstairs, we said "bye" to Josh, then pointedly started chanting "shoe shoe shoe" to remind me that she did not have shoes on yet.
Last night, I got a UPS delivery of some shoes that I had ordered (for myself) from zappos.com. As soon as I opened it, Jenna started in with the excited "shoe shoe shoe." Josh and I decided that we have a future Carrie Bradshaw on our hands. I'm hoping her habits stop short of $400 Manolos.
3 more days till we leave for FLORIDA!!!!! Because we'll be staying at my dads, I'll try to log on and upload pictures/posts from Florida, but otherwise you'll hear from us when we return!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment