Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Daycare Woes

Jenna is in daycare for about 10.5 hours a day. As it is, that makes me feel pretty lousy. So lately she has been standing on her own for a while. She'll walk forever behind a push toy or along the furniture, or if we're holding her hands, but not on her own. I'll dangle my car keys (her favorite toy) in front of her to try to entice those first steps, but nothing so far. This morning, I drop her off at daycare, and the morning daycare lady says "Oh!! Jenna took 3-4 steps yesterday all by herself!!"

While I proud of her, I'm still sad. I mean, obviously I'm missing a lot with her spending so much time at daycare. But what harm would it cause if they just don't' tell me little things like that? That way, when she takes her first steps for me, I will forever get to think that I saw her first steps? Now I'll forever know that I missed them. :-(

No comments: