Monday, June 30, 2008

Congratulations Steven & Sharon!!

Congratulations to the newest Mr. & Mrs. Greenwald!!! Josh's cousin Steven married the former Sharon Goldberg over the weekend, and I can't decide what I'm more excited about... welcoming Sharon into our family, or no longer having to fend off the "so, how are the newlyweds!?!?" question about me and Josh at every extended family get together. After almost 4 years, I feel like we're no longer newlyweds, but to the family, we were, so now Steven and Sharon can feild that question!!

But I digress, the point of this post was to talk about Steven and Sharon!!
When we got home from the wedding, Josh got a bit nostalgic about his little cousin tying the knot. He said it brought him back to growing up with Steven, and spending time with Mom Mom (their Mom Mom, Grandma Rose, not Jenna's "Mom Mom" Nancy who I often post about). Josh, his sister Jessica, Steven and his sister Andrea were extremely close to their Mom Mom and Pop Pop, and occassions like this never fail to highlight her absence and tweak the heart strings a bit.

Being the eternal optimist (ha!) I try to see the positive side of things. I think, if Grandma Rose was watching yesterday's events, she would have been so proud of her boys (Gary and Robert) and their wonderful families. Though I never met her, I know she would delight at the thought of Steven getting married, her grandchildren being as close as we all are to one another, and hopefully raising our families with the same values and traditions that she instilled in hers.... Based on all the love in the room at the wedding, I think Steven and Sharon are off to a great start.
Josh and I are thrilled for them, they make a wonderful couple, and we look forward to many many years of family events and shared memories (and maybe giving Jenna a cousin to play with!?!)

On to the photos!
The happy couple at the rehearsal dinner Saturday night.

Andrea giving a speech at the rehearsal dinner. You might not be able to tell from this picture, but I'd put money on the fact that she was crying during the speech!

Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Gary toasting the happy couple.

Steven walking down the aisle with his parents.

Sharon being escorted to her waiting groom... look at that smile!


Steven walking to greet his bride and her parents, with his new father in law extending a hand.
The bride and groom complete their journey together.
Getting married.
Sorry, that's all I've got! The rest of the wedding was beautiful!!

No comments: