Friday, June 12, 2009

The Terrible Twos...

Dont get me started. I know I haven't posted much lately, but things have been crazy!!! I don't have time to write much now, but here's a quick explanation of our lives in a nutshell, living with a toddler who is experiencing the VERY defiant side of the terrible twos... (clicking on pics makes them more visible).

Jenna wanted to go outside and play after daycare tonight. As we were walking out, she saw "buddy" (her pink blankey, we have them pretty much in every room of the house). She wanted to take it outside, but I didnt' want buddy to get dirty, so I took it away and said she could have it when we came back, but buddy needed to stay inside. This was the reaction (you have to click on the photo to truly see the anger in her face)



And then... here we are under 2 minutes later, enjoying the sunshine...



Why the sudden change of heart, you ask??

I'll give you one guess....

wait for it... wait for it...

Jenna, did Daddy give in and let you bring buddy outside!??!



Silly girl... were you supposed to have buddy out here???

no no no!!



(this is one of Jenna's favorite sayings... all the girls in her daycare class, Jenna included, are going through a bit of the terrible toddler years, and they are getting more possessive and exerting a bit more force when they want/don't want something. I got two calls last week that Jenna had been bit by another girl in her class, so now, when I ask her if biting is ok, she hold out her finger, wags it back and forth, and says "no biting! no hitting! no no no!" -- hitting is another problem, they are constantly pushing and shoving each other. It's not malicious, it's just their way of expressing their new found opinions)

Jenna has a complete love affair with flurry... she chases her around the house, screaming doggy, doggy!! she likes to just lay down on the floor and cuddle with her, or really do anything she can to be with her. Flurry... not so much. She's pretty indifferent to Jenna, unless it's dinner time and Jenna is tossing food her way. Here's Jenna trying to give flurry a kiss...


One of the perks of having buddy outside with her... getting some good exercise. You'll note buddy sitting in the front seat of the car. Jenna placed it there gently and then said "jenna push buddy! buddy ride!!" as she proceeded to take her all over the backyard.



And finally... after a long night, Jenna is fond of doing her pageant-wave to say good night to all of her adoring fans...


2 comments:

Kim said...

Max looks EXACTLY like that face in the first picture when he throws a fit. Do they like practice it together? This post made me nervous for Max moving into Jenna's room next week. All those girl have been together forever and its definitely a "girl room" and Max is going to feel left out. I mean right? I hope they are nice to him. Or I should probably say I hope he is nice to them.

TheAndiys said...

So many emotions in the picture of Jenna melting down! I enjoy following these blogs because it is totally preparing me for what I have to come in the near future!! Jenna is adorable!! Hope the T2s don't last too long:)