Josh thought this was a fun way to encourage her to play with her toys. I think it borders on child abuse :-) of course I took the picture before removing her, and she was actually having fun playing!
So this weekend was really great, and a much needed re-charge of our collective batteries. We have had a very busy few months, and have not truly been able to relax and enjoy a weekend in ages, so the fact that we had 3 consecutive days of family time made this a very special weekend!!
The Weekend-- From Jenna's Perspective:
On Saturday, I decided to wake up early, but needless to say, Mommy never sleeps, so she got up with me. Once Daddy finally woke up, the 3 of us took a fun walk to Panera. Mommy and Daddy ate breakfast while I drank water from mommy's straw and soaked up the random compliments of strangers. Surprisingly, I never tire of hearing how cute I am. I must take after my daddy ;-)
Mommy and Daddy were worried about me for the rest of the day, cause I had a 102 degree fever. They tried to get me seen at the doctors office, but they finally realized the culprit... daycare left me out in the sun for too long, and the right side of my face was very sunburnt... at first mommy and daddy just thought I was flushed from having a fever, but once they realized it was sunburn, and I continued to eat well, they realized the doctors office wasn't necessary. The upside of the fever was that I got to drink a lot of water out of my sippy cup to make sure I stayed hydrated. I'm now a pro and can drink with the best of them!
Saturday night Mommy and Daddy left me to play with Aunt Jessica so they could go out on a date. How rude!! They don't get to go out very often, though, and I had a lot of fun playing with Aunt Jessica. I think Mommy and Daddy had dinner and saw a movie. All I know is that Daddy walked around the house saying "I am Iron Man" the whole next day!!
Speaking of the next day, on Sunday daddy went to work early to study for his big test. I was sad thinking I wasn't going to spend any time with him, but before I knew it, Mommy got me all dressed up!
Then Mommy and I went to have lunch with Daddy... Daddy wanted to take us to this outdoor burger place he likes... I call 'em as I see 'em, though, and I found this highly unfair... lets get your vote... Mommy and daddy were eating burgers and fries... here was my lunch:
A sippy cup of water and some puffs. I mean, everyone knows those are just air that melt in your mouth! I think I at least should have gotten a french fry, for crying out loud!! And then, on top of everything, this crazy lady tried to steal my duck!! doesn't she know that I have a thing for Ducks!?!?!
Seriously, she needs help...
Before we left, Mommy and I went back to Daddy's office with him. They put me to work!!
They realized I couldn't earn my keep unless I could reach the keyboard, so Daddy decided to give me a boost. It was nice to see that he has lots of pictures of me at work, so he doesn't forget me while I'm at daycare!
After lunch, mommy and I ran some errands and then went home to meet Mommy's friend Emily. They let me have a taste of Rita's italian ice! Not enough though. Something about not wanting to load me up with sugar before nap time. All I know is that, when I got home, Daddy still wasn't there. I found this highly unfair and was not afraid to voice my opinions. Mommy says I have the world's best/most manipulative sad face. What do you think?
Ha! That'll teach daddy for being away from me!! His test is in 50-some days, though, and then he's all mine!!
After my "NAP" (Mommy says nothing under 30 minutes can count as a nap. Ha!) Mommy and Emily unveiled what Mommy purchased while we were shopping... a boo-sized swimming pool. By the time they finished inflating it (Mommy says that's a blog post all it's own!), daddy had arrived home. He filled up the pool while Mommy changed me into my bathing suit. Someone forgot to tell him, though, that the hose has cold water. Even though it was hot outside, I had ZERO interest in my new pool.
Mommy tried to make me more comfortable by sacrificing her nice dry clothes and getting in the pool with me.
That calmed me down a little, but I still didn't have much use for the pool.
After we all cleaned up, Mommy and Emily took me out to dinner. After that it was bedtime, and I was more than ready for a good nights sleep. I got woken up a few hours later by the running of the vacuum cleaner... something about Mommy needed to clean up broken glass... I think she might have spilled red wine all over their pretty white bedroom. Fortunately I went right back to sleep, but it definitely made for an exciting night!! (don't worry, it's all clean, now!)
To no one's surprise, I woke up early Monday morning, ready to play!!
We had a very fun-filled day!! First, Mommy and Daddy took me for a long walk around the neighborhood...
Then they took me to the park for a long walk around the park (no pictures). I had fun at the park, but truth be told, I think they only took me there cause it's close to the snoball stand, and I think they wanted snowballs. No one even let me have a taste!! Something about daddy's having marshmellow (bad for babies) and mommy's having chocolate (also bad for babies). Maybe next time they'll get more boo-friendly flavors!
After our walks, they dragged out that stupid pool again. Only this time they filled it with warm water, and they didn't make me wear a swim diaper (everyone knows they just fill up with water and drag a girl down!). In fact, this time I didn't wear anything (except LOTS of sunscreen. I smelled like a darn coconut!) I had much more fun than the day before, and Mommy even got some cute videos of me smiling and playing. She promises to post them later tonight.
After my nap, we went over to Mom Mom and Pop Pop's house for a Memorial Day Barbeque... that's right, MOM MOM and POP POP (the world's healthiest people) made HAMBURGERS and HOTDOGS for dinner!! And the worst part? I wasn't allowed to have any!! I did take some family pictures, though. It was too sunny to look into the camera outside...
So we tried again inside...
Then I got some cute ones with Mom Mom and Pop Pop...
I was so sleepy after a long day, that I passed out as soon as we got home. Little did I know, however, that my weekend of fun was coming to an end. I woke up early on Tuesday morning and Mommy brought me into bed. I cuddled and played for a while, until finally Mommy had to get up and get ready for work. I wasn't ready to leave, yet, so I grabbed onto Daddy's hand and we decided to stretch the holiday weekend out as long as possible...
Finally, though, Mommy packed me up, put me in the car, and off to daycare we went... When we left the house, Daddy was still in bed. I hope he gets up and goes to work today, it wouldn't be fair if I'm stuck at daycare and they're relaxing all day. Nah... they wouldn't do that... right?
Thanks for visiting, I hope your Memorial Day weekend was as great as mine!!
No comments:
Post a Comment