Monday, May 5, 2008

I stand, therefore I need not nap

Josh and I survived our weekend away from Jenna. I'd say Jenna survived, but lets be honest, between Grandpa on Friday night, and Mom Mom, Pop Pop, Aunt Jessica, and Cousin Andrea on Saturday night, I doubt she even realized we were gone!! We got home around 11:30 yesterday morning, unpacked all her toys and clothes, and played for the rest of the day. At 11:30 and 1:30, Jenna seemed exhausted, so I tried putting her down for a nap. She did what she normally does, fussed for a minute or two, then she usually just falls asleep... this time, though, the fussing escalated, so I went to see what was going on.

My darling daughter has perfected the art of standing in her crib. So now, if I put her down and she's not ready to sleep immediately, instead of just fussing until she gets comfortable, she stands up, grabs the rails of the crib, and looks around with this pathetically sad face, like a prisoner stuck behind bars, realizing they've just been handed a life sentence. I took a few pictures before I rescued her, but I didn't have time to upload them, so check back tonight.

Her refusal to nap led to an early bedtime (she was ready at 5, I forced her to stay up till 6 by bribing her with blueberries... pictures of that mess to follow later as well!). On a positive note, Jenna has not figured out how to stand in her pack and play yet (no convenient rails to grab onto), but she did figure out how to sleep in it... she slept 13 hours straight every night this weekend, and last night, after going to bed at 6, I didn't hear a peep from her until 6:50am. I don't know if it's a growth spurt, or my baby just takes after her daddy, but she definitely likes her sleep!!

No comments: