Hope all the Mom's out there had a wonderful Mothers day!! I had an all day work event on Saturday, but Saturday night, Josh and I took Jenna on a walk to Cosi for dinner, and then stopped at Rita's on the way home. Rita's is an italian ice place... so I got a cup of italian ice, and josh got a cone of frozen custard. We were giving Jenna little tastes off my spoon, when Josh decided to give her a lick of his cone. He put it in front of her, and before we could stop her, she took both hands, grabbed the cone, and shoved it into her face. It was far and away the funniest thing we'd ever seen. And she was SOO happy with a face full of vanilla custard!! Of all the moments not to have a camera! oh well. We had a great night.
On Mothers day, we took a long walk to Panera for breakfast, and Jenna actually fell asleep in her stroller, which she hasn't done in ages. I haven't had much to celebrate on Mothers day for the last few years (that's not true, I am very lucky to have a wonderful Mother in law, but I haven't celebrated in the traditional way). This year, however, the holiday took on a whole new meaning. Having Jenna in my life, in our lives, has fulfilled us in a way we never knew possible. She is such a smart, sweet, fun, happy, easygoing baby, and as Josh put it in his Mothers day card to me, Jenna gave us the perfect family, and I'm just lucky to be a part of it.
Tons of pictures from this weekend, coming soon to a blog near you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment