Ok, let me preface this story with the fact that Jenna has never once slept in bed with us. She is not the type of child who wants to snuggle in with mommy and daddy and fall asleep. If she's in our bed, she wants to be jumping and playing or watching a show. So, last night I woke up at 2am and couldn't fall back to sleep. I felt lousy and had work on my mind. So I went downstairs to watch TV and wound up falling asleep on the sofa. At 4am I heard Jenna wake up screaming... VERY uncharacteristic for her, but I had just fallen back to sleep and was too brain dead to move. I would have let her just fall back to sleep on her own, but I guess she must have cried for a while, because I heard Josh go in to get her.
I didn't hear anymore crying after that, so I assumed he rocked her or held her until she fell asleep, and that was that. So, when my cell phone alarm went off around 6am, I stumbled back upstairs to get dressed for work... what do I see? Josh sound asleep on my side of the bed, and Jenna sound asleep on his, all tucked in with blankets so she couldn't easily roll away. When I walked in, I heard some minor sucking (if something disturbs her in her sleep, she just sucks her thumb till she's at peace again) but they were both out cold. If I could have snapped a picture without waking her, I would have.
It was by far the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I had to get dressed, so after a few minutes, Jenna looked up at said "mommy?" so I picked her up, she wrapped her arms around my neck and put her head on my shoulder, and I put her back in her bed. When I came back, I asked Josh how he managed to get her to fall asleep in our bed... he said it was Jenna's birthday present to him.
On that note, Happy 34th Birthday Josh!!! We love you!!!
I'll be back tonight with pictures from this weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment