Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jenna the Genius

We have a TON of leftover little rubber duckies from Jenna's ducky-themed 1st birthday party. They make great bath toys, so I brought a bunch upstairs to assist with her bathtime fun. Every night, when I drain the bath, I put all 6 or so duckies up on the corner (outside) of the tub.

Tonight, I put the duckies in the bath with her, and she played/chomped on them as usual. When it was time to get out of the bath, I asked "Jenna, where do the duckies go?" One by one, she methodically took each ducky and put it them in the same corner where I keep them. The corner was soon full, but there was still one ducky left. She looked at it for a while, then put it in her mouth to chew. A few seconds later, she put it up on the other side of the tub, away from all the other duckies.

I got her attention, pointed to the other duckies, and asked her to put that ducky with the others. Sure enough, after one last trip to her mouth for a quick chomp, she put that ducky back up with the others.

Totally blew my mind!! Someone call Mensa!!
a few of the duckies...

No comments: