Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ok so I haven't had much time to update lately, things at work and home have been crazy, and (fingers crossed) we have a contract on our house now, but it's subject to a home inspection that we're very nervous about!! Anyway, I'll post pictures later, because most of my (one or two) loyal blog readers are also on facebook, so there are only so many times I can post the same pictures... but I wanted to share a cute annecdote.

Over the weekend, we were in a rush, so I was putting on my make-up while sitting on the sofa with Jenna. She doesn't really see me put on make-up, cause I usually do it either on the drive to work (safe, right?) or once I get here, and on weekends, I'll put it on in the bathroom, etc.

So, I have this Stila blush-stick thing. It looks like a mini deodorant tube:

I rarely use it, cause you just swipe it on your face then rub it in till it looks right, and who has the time these days. But, for some reason this weekend, I decided to put it on. So Jenna sees me put the stuff on my face, and she asks me to put it on hers. I put the tiniest little dot on her cheek, and while I use my hand to rub it in, I said "mushy mushy mushy."

I keep my makeup in a very non-descript black make-up kit. I never knew Jenna even paid attention to it. But the other night, we're cleaning up the house and she brings it over to me, hands me the whole zipped-closed make-up kit, climbs up in my lap, rubs her little hands on my cheeks, and said "mushy mushy mushy!"

Have I mentioned I love this girl? Even thinking about these silly little stories makes me laugh!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is indeed a cute story! Hope all is well. Good luck on the contract and sale.

Liz said...

the comment just says Elizabeth, and won't show me anything when I click on it? Liz F? whose there?

Unknown said...

Oh, sorry. Yep, it is Liz F. from law school!