Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sick Baby :-(

Jenna has had a cough for 2 weeks or so, but it's generally attributed to daycare, and nothing worrisome. She was otherwise fine. Until yesterday. Last night I noticed she felt really warm, and sure enough she had a 101.7 fever. This morning she had a lower fever, and seemed fine otherwise. Work is crazy, so mean mommy that I am, I gave her some infant motrin and took her to daycare. That didn't last. They called this afternoon and said the fever was back and to come get her. Josh took her to the doctor, and thankfully no ear infection (14.5 months without one, knock on wood!) but clearly some sort of infection, so they gave her some antibiotics.

Poor thing is miserable. She slept from 3-5pm, so when her normal bedtime, 6:45ish, rolled around, I thought no way she'd be tired. She started acting cranky, and Josh and I were debating whether she could possibly be ready for bed... Jenna got tired of waiting, so she put an end to our debate by getting her blanky and laying down right on the hardwood floor in the living room. We figured that meant that, yes, she was tired, and she went right to bed without a peep.

Hopefully she'll feel better in the morning once the antibiotics kick in.

Oh, she has a new word. Bubbles. They blow bubbles at daycare, and we have a set here that she loves. She goes and gets the container and brings it to me and clear as day says "bubbles" over and over until I oblige. It's pretty adorable. She also says "yes" and "no" when it's appropriate, "uh oh" or "oh no" if she drops something, "woh!" if she loses her balance (which is the cutest darn thing I've ever seen!) "ruf" as soon as she sees a picture of a dog or you ask her what a dog says, and "hi" whenever she walks into a room or sees someone. She's not even 15 months and already loves to talk. Wonder where she gets it from?

No comments: