The latest exciting news is that Jenna has started "creeping" or "army crawling" -- not sure exactly what to call it, but basically, if you put her on the floor, and put something she really wants out of arms reach, she can get there. (note: mommy and daddy do not count. to get her on the move, it has to be something as enticing as a remote control or cordless phone). Though she hasn't quite mastered the art of pulling herself up on all fours, she uses her arms to pull herself, and her legs to help scoot, until she gets across the room. If I pick her tummy off the ground, she can balance on all fours, but she hasn't made much effort to move that way yet. Now that she knows she has the ability to get around, though, I imagine it wont be long before she's unstoppable!! I'll try to post a video of her in action this weekend!
On an unrelated note, Jenna turned 7 months old yesterday! (7 month pictures to follow). It's hard to believe that it's been 7 months since we were gathered around in sinai hospital toasting her arrival with pink champagne. So much has changed since then, but at the same time it feels like yesterday. She amazes me every day with how much she's grown, and what a little girl she's turned into. What happened to the little baby we brought home from the hospital? This stage is so much fun, though!! She's developed into quite the little laugher when something amuses her, she loves eating her solid foods (yogurt especially!), and she discovers new tricks every day. At the same time, her independence is starting to make me sad. When we sit in the rocking chair in her dark nursery at night, for what has always been my favorite feeding of the day, I'm no longer allowed to hold the bottle for her. She insists on doing it herself... She no longer relies on us for these simple little tasks that I guess I took for granted just how much pleasure they brought me. Then again, she's far from walking up to the cabinet, measuring out the formula, and pouring in the water, so I guess she still sort of needs us around!!
She also has two teeth now! her two middle bottom teeth have come in! Sooner than later I guess we'll be giving her "finger foods," cheerios and the like, but for now I'm scared of choking, so they can wait!
As we take new videos, I'll post them here as well, but in case you've missed any of the previous ones, you can find them at www.youtube.com/user/lizgreenwald -- enjoy!!
Among Jenna's other favorites:
Her cousin Andrea:
Frozen Blueberries and Mango chunks in her mesh feeder:
No comments:
Post a Comment